Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ah Ha Moments and answered prayers

If there were some way to hide some posts and not others this would be one that I would hide. Not because I don't want people to know, but more because the times when prayers are answered this directly for me are rare and sacred.But my reason for having this blog is to record the times when I have felt the Lord's hand in my life and this is one of those times. I want my children to be able to look back on this blog and see the Lord's hand in the life we as a family share. Maybe this will help another who will read it as much as it has helped me.

Sitting in sacrament meeting (at ward conference for another ward) I was having my usual "why me" thoughts you know the kind where you are thinking "what have we done to deserve this?" and I decide, I am not going to be able to do what I need to do in YW if I keep these thoughts up so I decide to open my scriptures and read from where I left off the night before.

I was reading in Mosiah starting at chapter 23 (if you want to read it too). Verse 21 hit me hard... I had to read it a few times because I was thinking "This is for me what do I need to gain from this?" I am being chastened, my patience and my Faith is being tried. That much I knew. Yet I could sense there was more that the Lord wanted me to know right now. so I went on...22 " nevertheless-- whosoever putteth his trust in him the same shall be saved at the last day. Yea, and thus it was with this people." Okay so now I know this part is for me. It was almost like it said " and thus it is with you" . then in the next verse; "They were brought into bondage" ( that is sure what this feels like) " and none could deliver them but the Lord their God" I know that it true with this... I KNOW that the only one who can deliver us from this is a loving Father in Heaven.. So at this point I'm thinking "I know, I know, so why is it not happening?" and then I read the next verse. " And it came to pass that he did deliver them, and he did show forth his mighty power unto them, and great were their rejoicings." That was it! That was what the Lord wanted me to know. We will be delivered.

So then on later as I was reading the next chapter, in the end of verse 16 it says "Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage" WOW! I know that our time is not the Lord's time yet what a comfort it was to read that. "On the morrow" That is what I needed to hear right now. I know that it won't literally be tomorrow ( though I would be happy if it was;) The Lord is aware of what we are going through and he will help us in his own due time.

No comments: