Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Blessings

No job yet. Which makes me sad. It has been 15 long months. As I think about it though, we are being blessed. In little ways that are easy to take for granted or forget about. Here is where I will list a few of the many ways we have been blessed in the last few weeks.

*Time for Harrisen to start school which means applying for a variance so he can go to school with his sisters. Not usually a problem but this year our school got a new principal in January. (Variances are due in February) She didn't know me at all and when I went in I was basically told she would consider the request but it was NOT likely to happen. She strongly encouraged me to consider moving my other kids to their boundary school. I was crushed. I have spent sooo much time and effort into helping with things at that school only to have my last child not be able to go there. What the heck?!?!?! After I left the principals office unknown to me the Secretary (whom I thought wasn't too fond of me) went in to talk to the new Principal. Because of the secretary's kind words about me, Later that week the principal came up to me and apologised for the way she spoke to me. She signed the variance and He is all set for school next year. I never would have guessed that that particular Secretary would got to bat in my behalf but she did, and I am glad.

*I wanted to put up a fence to keep the dog (and the boy) out of my garden. It would also give us more "growing" room for the plants since we could have some of them grow up the fence and not take up as much ground space. Without money this wasn't even an option. Yet The Lord found a way to provide. A friend gave us enough chain link and poles to fence in the whole garden plus have two rows inside for the squash to grow up. Over 60 feet of fence. This has enabled us to grow peas, beans, and some tomato's (up the outside of the fence) and have at least a dozen squash ( in the rows inside) in the same amount of space we only had four squash last year. Huge blessing if you ask me.

*We have not had insurance for over a year yet with all the sickness that has been going through our area. . .our kids have remained healthy. Aside form a few sniffles that were not major we have all been well. No trips to the doctor.

*Income tax returns that came just in time since our un-employment has now run out. . .we will still be able to pay the bills for a few more months at least.

*As much as I would rather not have to go to work. I am truly grateful for the two jobs that literally fell into my lap that allow me to be at home most of the time yet still bring in enough to cover at least half of our bills.

*Clothes and shoes for the kids are lasting longer than ever before.

1 comment:

4kidsandcrazy said...

It doesn't look like you get on this blog very often, but I think it is amazing! What a great idea to have posts about the things that are most important. Mine tend to be about important things like toothpaste all over my house :0) You've given me something to think about. Some even made me cry. Thanks!